First of all, if you have not yet subscribed to my mailing-list, do it NOW! (in my Author Box below).
Ernest Dichter was the “father of motivational research”. He applied Freud concepts and techniques to business, studying the cosumer behaviour.
- The Handbook of Consumer Motivations
- Motivating Human Behavior
- The Naked Manager
- Packaging, the Sixth Sense?: a guide to identifying consumer motivation
- Total Self-Knowledge
- Getting Motivated
- The Strategy of Desire
- How Hot a Manager Are You?
- Marketing Plus: finding the hidden gold in the market place
Nowadays, in the Service delivery field, most of the principles and techniques of Dichter can be applied to improve customer satisfaction about the overall Service perception.
Because services are intended to be used by human beings, we can explore their motivations and behavior patterns and build more attractive and desirable Services.
- Understanding the customer perception of the service
- Treating them with the maximum respect, because they are the reason of our delivery.
- Communicating and responding to their requests promptly and efficiently.
- Being able to deal with requests in an appropriate manner.
- Asking the correct questions so you can understand customer needs in order to deliver the best service.
- Remaining committed to helping
- Taking into account the customers needs rather than your own